Scientist, Pioneer, Visionary.
Name: ERIC JON ROTHCHILD, M.D.
Date of Birth: August 29, 1956
Senior Thesis:"Statistical Relationship Between Socio-Economic Status and Heart Disease"
Graduated: June 1978
B.A. in Economics
Columbia University, New York, New York
Pre-Medical Studies 1978-1979
New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, 1979-1983
Externship: Eye Bank for Sight Restoration, Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital, New York, New York 1982
Externship: Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London, England 1981.
Corneal and Anterior Segment Ophthalmology.
St. Mary's Medical Center/UCLA, Long Beach, CA 1983-1984
Department of Medicine
Chairman: Peter Barrett, MD
North Shore University Hospital/Cornell, Manhasset, New York 1984-1987
Division of Ophthalmology
Program Chairman: Samuel Packer, MD
Chief Resident, 1986-1987
The Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus, Ohio 1987-1988
Corneal and Anterior Segment Surgery
Director of Corneal Service: Richard Keates, MD
Automated Lamellar Keratoplasty
Cataract Implant Surgery - Certified in Incisional Keratatomy - 1994
Photorefractive - Keratectomy - PRK - Summit - 1995
Photorefractive - Keratectomy - PRK - VISX - 1996
Laser Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis - LASIK - LVCI - 1996
Intracorneal Stromal Ring Segments - INTACS - KeraVision - 1999
ARTISAN Phakic Intraocular Lenses - OPHTEC - 2000
Current Hospital Affiliations
Bethesda Memorial Hospital, Boynton Beach, FL
Delray Community Hospital, Delray Beach, FL
Delray Outpatient Surgery and Laser Center, Delray Beach, FL
Pinecrest Rehabilitation Hospital, Delray Beach, FL
West Boca Medical Center, Boca Raton, FL
Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 1973
"Differentiation of Blood Types"
Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, 1976
"Erythropoietin Extraction from Urine of Aplastic Anemics"
Alcon Glare and Decentration IOL Study, Alcon Laboratories, 1990
DGR IOL Glare Study, DGR Ophthalmic Laboratories, 1990
Chiron Collagen Shield Post Cataract Study, Chiron Ophthalmic Laboratories, 1990-1992
Chiron Corneal Ulcer/Collagen Shield Study, Chiron Ophthalmic Laboratories, 1991-1992
Chiron RK Study, Chiron Ophthalmic Laboratories, 1991-1992
Alcon Bacterial Keratitis Study Group, 1992
Alphagan Glaucoma Study, 1996
CRS LASIK Study, 1996,1997
Laservision LASI K Study 1996,1997
Instructor: Casebeer Radial Keratotomy Course, 1991-1994 Chiron ALK Course, 1993-1995
ISRK: Radial Keratotomy Course Instructor, 1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997
AAO: Refractive Surgery Course Instructor, 1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997
AAO: Cataract Surgery Course Instructor 1995,1996,1997
ASCRS: Refractive Surgery Course Instructor 1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997
ASCRS: Cataract Surgery Course Instructor 1995,1996,1997
Instructor: VISX Excimer Laser - Certified Physicians' Trainer, 19971
Instructor: LaserVision Excimer Laser 1996,1997
Director: Columbia Hospital's Excimer Laser Center, Director, South Florida, 1996,1997
- Rothchild, EJ: Sensitivity of Embryonic Chick Heart Aggregates, Emory Chemistry Journal, 1978.
- Rothchild, EJ, Keates, RH & Drago, PC: Effect of Excimer Laser on Microbiological Organisms
- Ophthalmic Surgery 19 (10): 715-718,1988 Rothchild, EJ: Sports Ophthalmology. The Physician and Sports Medicine 15(12): 180,1988 Rothchild, EJ, Keates, RH & Bloom, R: Endocapsular Triple Procedure - A New Triple Procedure
- Technique. (J Cataract Refract Surg 494): 148-149,1988
- Rothchild, EJ, Waring, GO, Casebeer, JC, Gordon, JF and the Chiron Intra0ptics Keratorefractive Study Group. Emory University, Atlanta, GA, North Arizona Eye Clinic, Flagstaff, AZ; and Chiron Intraoptics, Irvine, CA: A Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial of the Casebeer Systematic Approach to Incisional Refractive Surgery for the Correction of Myopia With and Without Astigmatism. Submitted for Publication, 1993.
- Rothchild, EJ, Wilhelmus, KR, Hyndiuk, RA, Caldwell, DR, Abshire, RL, Folkens, AT, Godio, LB: for the Ciprofloxacin Ointment/Bacterial Keratitis Study Group: 0.3% Ciprofloxacin Ophthalmic Ointment in the Treatment of Bacterial Keratitis. Arch Ophthalmology 3(9): 1210-1218,1993
- Rothchild, E.J.: How to Care for Refractive Surgery Knives; Review of Ophthalmology Vol. 1, No. 2, p. 42,1994
- Rothchild, E.J.: How to Be More Successful with RK Enhancements; Review of Ophthalmology Vol. 2, No. 1, p. 64,1995
- Rothchild, E.J.: 17 Steps to Successful Refractive Surgery; Review of Ophthalmology Vol. 1, No. 7, p. 34,1995
- Rothchild, E.J.: Point Counterpoint: PRK vs. RK for Low Myopes; Review of Ophthalmology Vol. 10. 3, No. 7, p. 84.,1996
- American Diabetes Association, Boca/Delray Chapter. Board of Directors, 1991-1995
- Mae Volen Senior Center, Board of Directors. 1991-1995
- Palm Beach Institute of Aging. Board of Directors, 1990-1992
- Diplomate of American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association, active member
- Florida Medical Association, active member
- Palm Beach County Medical Society, active member
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology, active member
- Palm Beach Ophthalmology Society, active member
- Diplomate of National Board of Medical Examiners
- Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologists, active member
- ISRK: International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty, active member (ISRS)
- ASCRS: American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, active member
- ACES: American College of Eye Surgeons, active member
- ACES - Certified in Incisional Keratotomy, Cataract Implant Surgery 2/94
- KMSG - Keratomileus (LASIK) Study Group 1996,1997
- April 2000 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Boston, MA"Update on OPHTEC Myopic Artisan Lens"
- February 2000 American college of Eye Surgeons, Lake Buena Vista, FL."Prevntion of LASIK Complications"
- January 2000 Daytona Beach Opthalmological Society, Daytona Beach, FL."Prevention of LASIK Complications"
- November 1999 Washington Laser Center, Washington, D.C."Advanced LASIK Techiniques
- October 1999 American Academy of Opthamology, CHIRON, C-LASIK, Orlando, FL."Corneal Flap Management"
- October 1999 Bausch & Lomb Consultative Committee, orlando, FL."Future Trends in Cataract Surgery for the New Millenium"
- July 1999 Refractive Surgery Centre, Hong Kong, Sanitorium & Hospital, China."Personal LASIK Technique"
- July 1999 Beijing Intech Eye Hospital, Beijing, China."Personal LASIK Technique"
- July 1999 Mettapracharak Hospital, Sampran, Nakompratham, Thailand."Personal LASIK Technique"
- July 1999 University of Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan."Advanced LASIK Procedures for the Asian Patient
- April 1999 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Seattle, Washington."LASIK vs. PRK"
- March 1999 Hotel-Dieux Hospital, Paris, France."Advancements in LASIK Technique"
- March 1999 CHIRON VISION, C-LASIK, Tysons Corner, Maryland. LASIK - Technique, Technology, and Complications"Personal LASIK Technique"
- February 1999 VISX Excimer Laser Certification Course, Port St. Lucie, FL. Course Director
- November 1998 American Academy of Opthamalmology, New Orleans, LA."Cataract Surgical Techniques""Advances in Clear Corneal Cataract Surgery"
- October 1998 Video Opthalmologica, Milan, Italy Internationally Televised Live Surgery
- July 1998 VISX Excimer Laser Certification Course Greensboro, NC. Course Instructor
- April 1998 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, San Diego, CA."Refinements of LASIK Technique""Viscoelastic Comparisons for Cataract Surgery"
- April 1998 LaserVision Center, London, England."LASIK Techniques"
- February 1998 University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah"Current Refractive Surgery Procedures"
- October 1997 American Academy of Opthalmology, San Francisco, CA"Refractive Surgery Benefits"
- May 1997 Rothchild Eye Institute Teaching Facility, Boca Raton, FL"Who Is A Candidate For Refractive Surgery"
- April 1997 Moran Eye Center University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah"Update on Cataract, Refractive Surgery Techniques"
- April 1997 ASCRS, Boston, Mass."Uses of Viscoelostics in Small Pupil Cataract Surgery" March 1997 Second U.S. LASIK Course and Wet Lab, Clearwater, FL Wet Lab Faculty
- February 1997 Pacific Coast Refractive Symposium Whittier, British Columbia"Excimer Loser in Patients with Previous Refractive Surgery"
- November 1996 Ophthalmology Volunteer work for African countries Kenya, Zanzibar, Madagascar, Comoros Island
- October 1996 ISRS - RK, PRK, LASIK Course / Wet Lab Faculty AAO - Cataract Session:"Management of the Small Pupil Patient" AAO - RK, PRK, Course Faculty
- June 1996 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Seattle, WA Panelist for Cataract, IOL, Refractive Session
- April 1996 International LASIK Society Meeting, Clearwater, FL Wet Lab Faculty March 1996 Daytona Beach Ophthalmological Society, Daytona Beach, FL"Update on Antibacterial Treatment of Corneal Diseases"
- February 1996 Palm Beach County Optometric Physicians, Boca Raton, FL"Refractive Surgery Update - RKIPRKIALK"
- December 1995 Phoenix Ophthalmological Society, Phoenix, AZ"Applications of Excimer Loser"
- October 1995 Palm Beach County Optometric Physicians, Boca Raton, FL"Refractive Surgery Update - RKIPRKIALK"
- September 1995 Palm Beach County Optometric Physicians, Boca Raton, FL"Refractive Surgery Update - Focus - PRK"
- June 1995 Palm Beach County Optometric Physicians, Boca Raton, FL: Live RK Surgery
- April 1995 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, San Diego, CA Panelist for Radial Keratotomy Session
- April 1995 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery San Diego, CA"Developing an Excimer Loser Practice"
- February 1995 Will's Eye Hospital, St. John, Virgin Islands"Current Concepts in Anterior Segment Surgery" Invited Feature Speaker
- January 1995 Duval County Ophthalmological Society, Jacksonville, FL"Pharmacological Treatment of Refractive Surgery Patients"
- December 1994 Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Boca Raton, FL"Medical Management of Refractive Surgery Patients"
- November 1994 American Academy of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, CA"The Visco-Elostic Cushion: A New Technique for the Advanced and Beginner Phacoemulsification Surgeon"
- November 1994 American Academy of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, CA Radial Keratotomy Surgical Workshop for the General Ophthalmologist.
- November 1994 American Academy of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, CA"Surgical Techniques for the Refractive Surgeon"
- October 1994 American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery San Francisco, CA"Management of Overcorrected Refractive Surgery Patients"
- October 1994 International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty, San Francisco, CA"Update on Radial Keratotomy Instrumentation"
- October 1994 International Society of Refractive Keratoplasty, San Francisco, CA Live Refractive Surgery
- September 1994 Central Florida Ophthalmological Society, Orlando, FL Keynote Speaker:"Antimicrobial Therapy in Refractive Surgery"
- July 1994 Palm Beach County Optometric Physicians, Boca Raton, FL"Newest Innovations in Refractive Surgery"
- June 1999 Palm Beach County Optometric Physicians, Boca Raton, FL"Comeal Shaping Procedure - ALK"
- June 1994 America Charitable Fund, Boca Raton, FL"Ethical Advertising and Marketing for Refractive Surgery Part
- May 1994 America Charitable Fund, Boca Raton, FL"Surgical Technique in Refractive Surgery"
- April 1994 ASCRS, Boston Radial Keratotomy Didactic/Wet Lab Course.
- April 1994 America Charitable Fund, Boca Raton, FL"Post-operative Management of the Refractive Surgery Patient"
- March 1994 America Charitable Fund, Boca Raton, FL"Pre-operative Management of the Refractive Surgery Patient"
- February 1994 America Charitable Fund, Boca Raton, FL"Co-management in Refractive Surgery"
- October 1993 AAO, Chicago, IL 1 -Corneal Topography - Case Presentations, Eyesys Techniques; 2-Radial Keratotomy Practical Workshop
- September 1993 New England Eye Center - Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA Refractive Surgery: A Practical Approach; Management of Progressive Hyperopia.
- August 1993 ASCRS Summer Symposium, Los Angeles, CA 1 -Radial Keratotomy Panel - Complications 2-Corneal Topographic changes Related to Keratitis after Radial Keratotomy
- July 1993 ISRK Summer Symposium, Minneapolis, MN 1 -Early Onset Microbial Keratitis After RK/AK 2-Marketing for the Modern RK/AK Refractive Surgeon 3-Radial Keratotomy Workshop
- May 1993 ASCRS, Seattle, WA"Surgical Transitions for the Keratorefractive Surgeon"
- May 1993 Chrion Free Paper Symposium, Seattle, WA Early Onset Microbial Keratitis Following Astigmatic Keratotomy
- November 1992 AAO, Dallas, TX: Radial Keratotomy Workshop, Instructor ISRK
- 1992 ACES Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, FL Histologic Changes in Radial Keratotomy"
Speak to Dr. Rothchild personally... Click Here