Laser Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis - LASIK
This procedure combines the precision of the excimer laser with the benefits of automated lamellar keratoplasty. First, a thin layer of the cornea, or corneal cap is lifted up using the microkeratome. But instead of cutting out a portion of the central tissue, the excimer laser is used to reshape the corneal tissue. This procedure is used to treat low to high levels of nearsightedness, and by adjusting the pattern of the laser beam, it is possible to treat farsightedness and astigmatism. Dr. Rothchild is one of the few surgeons nationwide selected to participate in the FDA's investigational study of LASIK since 1996.
"Top 10 Things To Consider Prior To Having Laser Vision Correction"
Here are the top 10 questions/reasons to choose a Laser Vision
Correction Specialist/Refractive Surgeon.
- Is the surgeon a Corneal Specialist?
- How long has the surgeon been performing refractive surgery and how many cases have they personally performed?
- How many national and international courses has the surgeon taught specifically for refractive surgery?
- Has the surgeon had the procedure done and/or performed the procedure on any of their own family members?”
- How genuinely concerned did the surgeon and their staff seem about you as a person vs. just doing the procedure?
- Is the surgeon using the latest custom laser equipment?
- Will the surgery be performed in a fully accredited and Medicare approved ambulatory surgical center in a completely sterile environment?
- Did the surgeon personally meet with you personally during your initial consultation?
- Did the surgeon or their staff offer to have you contact former patients without you having to ask?
- Did the surgeon give you a reasonable expectation for a surgical outcome vs. promising you’ll never need glasses again?
Lasik Technology with old-fashioned eye care
Call it the best of both worlds: The latest lasik technology in laser eye surgical procedures perfectly balanced with genuine, personalized eye care for each and every patient.
Rothchild Eye Institute has a state-of-the-art lasik center using the latest visx excimer laser for laser eye surgery. Dr. Rothchild is a pioneer inengineering lasik surgical instruments that are used by other lasik eye surgeons. As an authority on refractive and cataract surgery, Dr. Rothchild has published several articles on the changing technology of ophthalmology.
Dr. Rothchild stays on the cutting edge of laser vision correction constantly adding new technology such as ‘The Wave Print System’, The WavePrint map and the 3D Active Trak Eyetracker.
Lasik eye surgery isn't just about technology; it's about people like you. At the Rothchild Eye Institute we strive to create a warm, congenial office environment so that you know you are amongst friends. Every member of our staff is selected not merely by professional knowledge, but by demonstrating genuine concern for the well being of each patient. We pride ourselves on our old-fashioned eye care.